Preventive Family Dentistry
General Dental Care and Maintenance for You and Your Family
In today’s world after patients have had any sort of cosmetic or surgical work we must maintain dental care. We will invite you to attend a six monthly examination and follow up for any treatment. We generally recommend seeing our hygienists on a 6 monthly basis to keep long term plaque deposits to a minimum.
“The Cottage Dental & Implant clinic abides by the guidelines set out by NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence)”
We recommend regular examinations and routine x-ray analysis to help maintain your smile. This way, we can monitor long term effects of treatment, anticipate any new treatment and prevent disease as far as possible.
Our philosophy of care is simple and is outlined by 6 goals :
1. We take up a preventative approach to dentistry. (Example is our 6 monthly fluoride therapy)
2. Early detection of oral, dental and facial disease and importantly oral cancer screening
3. Education about diet & brushing optimally to promote dental fitness and wellbeing.
4. Hygiene to prevent gum disease and keep you smiling.
5. Support to stop harmful health habits such as smoking, alcohol and sugar.
6. Early intervention for children’s orthodontics (Braces) from age 7 upwards to help prevent extractions later for brace treatment.